Remember what it was like to go into the toy store at the mall when you were a kid? So many things you wanted, all laid out in rows upon rows, beyond the wildest dreams of avarice… It’s easy to recapture that feeling when you flip through the Moroso/Competition Engineering catalog, but even that is just a two-dimensional approximation of what we experienced at this year’s PRI show.
To keep it manageable, we’ll split this up into two smaller bites, and concentrate on their Ford offerings here. Up first is the new Coyote Mustang Drag/Road Race oil pan shown above (PN 20572). It’s designed for 2011-up 5.0L Mustangs, but will also fit Fox, SN-95, and S197 Mustangs with a Coyote swap, as well as other rear-sump applications.
Coyote Oil Pan Features:
- Fabricated steel with a clear zinc finish
- Oil pan has a thick steel rail with a 2-3/8″ deep front section and a 6-5/8″ deep by 9-1/8″ long rear sump
- Designed to be used with the 5.0 “Coyote” factory windage tray, oil pump pickup and dipstick
- Features a race-proven, trap door assembly and anti-slosh baffle that keeps oil contained in oil pump pickup area during road racing and drag racing
- Extra capacity: holds 2 more quarts than stock
- 1/2″ NPT fitting for supercharger drain back
- 1/2″ NPT fitting for oil temperature sender
- 20mm fitting for the factory oil level sensor*
For pushrod lovers, Moroso’s 351W rear sump street/strip pan (PN 20520) features improved seals – billet ends on the fabricated pan make for vastly improved oil retention and strength.
- Steel with a clear zinc finish
- 9″ deep rear sump
- Clears all 4-bolt main caps including 4-bolt rear
- Accepts 4.0” stroke with most steel rods
- Oil sump retaining system
- Includes Universal Dipstick Kit No. 25970
- Compatible with most starter/flywheel combinations
- For use with 1-piece, rear sump oil pan gasket
Another very nice piece on display was Moroso’s alternator/vacuum pump mounting kit for small block Fords running CSR-style electric water pumps (PN 63823). It’s set up to work with their Enhanced Design vacuum pump, which pulls almost 14% more vacuum while weighing less than their original pump.
Mounting Bracket Features:
- Two mounts are incorporated into one billet aluminum frame with belt adjustment for alternator and vacuum pump
- Bracket kit was designed to mount mini ND Style 93mm Alternators and Moroso No. 22642, No. 22644, No. 22840 or No. 22842 Enhanced Design Vacuum Pumps
- Mounts Alternator on driver’s side and Vacuum Pump on passenger’s side while clearing the electric water pump
- Works with most styles of drive mandrel kits
- Includes all spacers, stainless steel hardware and a turn buckle
Of course, this is just a tiny fraction of all the Ford goodness Moroso has to offer, so be sure to visit their website’s new products section to get the full details.