Do you have Ford blue running through your veins? If you do and you have a sheer passion for drag racing you may want to make plans to attend the upcoming 2012 Cobra Jet Showdown. The Cobra Jet Showdown will take place as part of the NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals at Milan Dragway on August 24-26 and will compliment the NMCA’s heads-up drag racing series for a weekend full of excitement. Open to all 2008 to 2013 Cobra Jet owners, the event presented by Diversified Products Marketing will offer something for everyone.
Over the weekend six classes will host a wide variety of Cobra Jet Mustangs and an onslaught of Ford Racing performance to please the fans. With three No Breakout Eliminator classes, two Heads-Up classes and a Competition Index class, everyone will have a spot in the action.
No Breakout Eliminator Classes
- CJ-TS (Top Stock): Stocker trim Cobra Jets utilizing the 2.3-liter or 2.9-liter supercharger or 427/428cid naturally aspirated engines.
- SS-CJ (Super Stock): 4.0-liter supercharged Cobra Jet’s in SS trim.
- CJ-CIC: A separate class, where Cobra Jet racers not competing in either of the heads-up classes can race against each other at the Showdown for a cash purse.
Heads Up Classes
- CJ-TS and SS-CJ will run modified NHRA Stock and Super Stock rules, respectively.
- King of the Cobra Jets: Heads-up class winners will race each other with a handicapped start based on their quickest time, with no breakout, to crown the 2012 King of the Cobra
All 3 Cobra Jet Showdown classes will qualify on Friday, and run on a Sportsman ladder with a .500 full tree for Saturday eliminations. Each class will feature a $2,300 purse and the overall winner of the Showdown (King of the Cobra Jets) will receive an additional $1,000.
With the high level of anticipation coming into this event for the second year in a row, Drag Racing Competition Manager at Ford Racing Performance Group Jesse Kershaw issued the following statement.
“The Cobra Jet Showdown was a huge success in 2011 and we are happy to have the opportunity with NMCA to bring even more Cobra Jet owners together for 2012. The Cobra Jet Showdown gives all owners the opportunity to experience their Cobra Jet and interact with the community of fellow owners and Ford Racing staff. It’s a unique opportunity that all Cobra Jet owners should participate in and an excellent show for all fans of production based racing.”
Mark your calendars today for this awesome event and come out to enjoy all of the action that the NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Series has to offer.