The common thinking is when you improve a product, that improvement will come at a cost for the customers. But that’s not the case for Trick Flow’s latest improvement to their line of Small Block Ford Twisted Wedge Series Cylinder heads.
Not everyone has the same airflow needs
“Not everyone has the same airflow needs,” Mike continued. “We offer three port finish options so you can get the most airflow that meets your budget and performance goals.” The Small Block Ford heads are available either fully assembled or as a bare casting. They are also available with single or dual valve springs.
The 170′s A356-T61 aluminum castings have been redesigned on the exhaust side to improve strength and water jacket integrity. While the 185 and 205 includes the same change but then also features the New 100% street ported CNC runners with fully CNC-profiled combustion chambers for increased intake and exhaust runner flow.
- Twisted Wedge combustion chambers and valve layout
- high-flow/high-velocity intake runners,
- CNC-profiled combustion chambers with port-to-valve seat blending (bowl blending)
- Refined Fast As Cast® runners that deliver near-CNC-ported power and airflow at cast head prices.
- Provisions for emissions components
- 3/8″ rocker arm studs
- 7/16″ diameter head bolt holes
185 and 205 Features
- As-cast surface finish; cast with CNC-ported profiles • Standard port-to-valve seat blending (bowl blending) • Excellent for street and entry-level strip applications
- Street Ported CNC Runners
- 100% fully CNC-ported runners and CNC-profiled combustion chambers
- Perfect for moderate street/strip and power adder applications
- 100% fully CNC-machined runners and CNC-profiled combustion chambers
- Higher resolution machine finish compared to Street Ported CNC runners
- Recommended for maximum performance street/strip, race, and power adder applications
To see the complete line of Trick Flow components visit their home on the web at TrickFlow.com