The actual racing was 50′s-simple; from a rolling start, the cars accelerated at part throttle to a start cone a few hundred feet down the asphalt, pacing each other at whatever speed they’d agreed upon, then hit the throttle for a wide-open blast to the cone marking the finish line a half-mile distant.
- Video: The Evolution of Drag Racing & The ’64 AHRA Winternationals
- Videos: “Big Numbers” – A Trip In Vintage Drag Racing History
- Flashback Friday: When Truck And Tractor Pulling Met Drag Racing
- Video: Lingenfelter ZR1 Takes on Ferrari 458 in Standing Mile
- Cure For Winter Drag Racing Withdrawls: The Merrill Ice Drags
Copyright ©2013 Power Automedia, LLC. All rights reserved. Policy and Terms