A new series is has been announced by race director Karen Bryant – the Outlaw Drag Racing Association, also to be known as the ODRA. The press release the ODRA and Karen sent our yesterday lays out plans for a 6-race series featuring Outlaw Pro Mod, Outlaw 10.5/Radial, Ultimate Street, and a variety of index classes.
“ODRA is a group of successful business people combined with a group of successful drag racing professionals,” explained Bryant. “We have come together to provide a first class Outlaw Drag Racing experience. Our goal is very simple. We want to bring a high quality product to the racers and the fans. You are our clients and customers. Yes, we do believe that our racers are our clients, and fans are our customers, and we want to earn your business.”
That the ODRA is being backed by business people and not just racers holds merit with us for their prospects in the long run. With the explosion of independent series in the last two years, and how successful they have been, it will be interesting to see how ODRA does. Will they experience the success of the ORTC-style events, or will they have to fight tooth and nail for decent car counts?
Official ODRA Race Schedule:
- April 2-3: I-22 Motorsport Park
- April 2nd – 3rd- I-22 Motorsports Park – Eldridge, AL
- May 28th – 29th – U.S. 19 Dragway – Albany, GA
- June 18th – 19th – Hub City Dragway – Hattiesburg, MS
- July 23rd – 24th – Montgomery Motorsports Park – Montgomery, AL
- August 13th – 14th – Macon National Dragway – Macon, GA
- September 17th – 18th – Holly Springs Dragstrip – Holly Springs, MS
If you have any questions about this new series, contact: Karen Bryant, ODRA – Race Director, Phone: (205) 337-6760