Seeing people come together to help a fellow hot rodder in need is what this hobby is all about. When news spread that Tom Medley’s famed 1940 Coupe had been involved in a garage fire, some of the industries top companies joined forces to help rebuild an iconic hot rod and bring it back to life – even better than the original. Kicker stepped up to the plate to redo the sound system and give the ’40 a few much needed sound upgrades.
Many of the industries finest companies, builders, painters, and upholstery men and women were called upon to turn this tragedy into a moment of joy for Tom and his wife. The front suspension components were generously donated by the good folks at TCI Engineering. After going over the ZZ1 Chevrolet 350 crate motor with a fine-tooth comb, a new carburetor and water pump were installed; which came courtesy of Edelbrock and Gearstar Performance Transmissions came through with a fresh 700R4 transmission and new torque converter to mate up to the newly rebuilt 350.
As you can see from our featured video above, the Kicker PXi50.2 is the perfect integration to bring modern sound control into any hot rod or custom. When looking for convenience in car audio or any powersports application (golf cart, harley, atv, snowmobile, etc.) the ability to play and control your iPhone or iPod is one of the most sought after features. Kicker is proud to introduce the perfect solution to add iPod control to any mobile application, and as always – they do it in style!
Features of the Kicker PXi50.2:
- iPod/iPhone integration device with amplifier for most any application
- Great for motorcycles, boats, ATVs, hot rods, golf carts, snowmobiles, etc.
- 50 watts of power (25 watts RMS x 2 channels at 2 Ohms)
- RMS Power Output @ 2 Ohms: 25 watts X 2 channels
- RMS Power Output @ 4 Ohms: 15 watts X 2 channels
- Blue-backlit remote is easily mounted
- Weather-resistant design
- 5v fast-charging of iPod/iPhone and pauses when power is off
- 3.5mm aux-input for other MP3 devices
- Differential audio circuit reduces engine noise
Check out the video below for more custom powersports and car audio ideas from the sound gurus over at Kicker!