Well that didn’t take long. We’ve been following the progress of the BAMA Performance and American Muscle 2015 Mustang GT, as they pursue a series of firsts in the S550 Mustang market. It didn’t take the BAMA guys long to break into the 10-second zone after a brief mishap with the stock half-shafts launching on slicks.
After upgrading the car to handle the power they were putting to the rear tires, the BAMA guys were able to knock down a healthy 10.41 in the quarter-mile. That number destroyed the record set by Ford Racing, a 10.97 with their supercharged setup.
Not resting on their mid 10-second pass, BAMA pushed the envelope a little further. Last week they headed to MIR for a few more test hits before winter officially sets in. With more upgrades on board, they were looking for 9s.
The official number is a 9.91 at 135.41. Interestingly the car pulled what we’d consider a pretty slow 60-ft time of just 1.445. If the BAMA guys can get more aggressive on the launch, this car could have a lot more in the combination. That is, if the IRS can handle the hit, at this point, the IRS is likely leaving a lot on the table.
The time was achieved through a combination of upgrades and weight reduction. The BAMA guys managed to get the car down to 3,450 pounds with driver and fuel. This time around they added to their list a BOSS intake manifold, JLT cold air intake, and FTW race fuel. BAMA says made the switch to the BOSS intake to get better nitrous distribution to the engine.
The full list of mods includes:
- Full exhaust: custom 1-7/8” long tube headers, O/R X-pipe, race bullet mufflers
- JLT Cold Air Intake
- Boss Intake Manifold
- Injector Dynamics ID1300 Injectors
- Suspension Upgrades: custom fabricated
- Weight Reduction to 3,450 lbs with half tank of fuel and driver (Removed passenger & rear seat)
- Slicks and Skinnies: 17” Weld RTS with Mickey Thompson Front Runners and Hoosier Drag Slicks
- DSS 1400 HP Axle Half-Shafts
- DSS One-piece carbon-fiber driveshaft
- 150 shot of Nitrous
- Bama Performance X4 with Track Tune on FTW Fuel
We’re waiting to see what comes next for this car. AM’s Justin Dugan closes the vide out saying there’s more to come, and that the car will return bigger and badder. The question is with AM going into the 9s first, who will hit the 8s first in a S550?