There is no hiding the fact that the Mustang’s new MT-82 6-speed transmission has been prone to problems on everything from cold start operation to just being able to hold the power. Tremec understands that people want to modify their Mustang’s beyond the OEM transmission’s capabilities which is why they have designed their brute T-56 Magnum to work on 2005+ Mustangs, including 2011+ 5.0s.
This double-overdrive 6-speed transmission takes the very best from Tremec’s current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the TKO 5-speed. Able to withstand a massive 700 lb/ft while providing crisp shifts, makes the T-56 a no brainer over the factory remote shifter configuration.
The T-56 Magnum requires a traditional slip yoke-style driveshaft that will save well over 20 pounds when compared to the factory two piece driveshaft, as well as a clutch with a stack up height of a TR-6060
Known as a beefed up TR-6060, the Magnum is an aftermarket version of the same transmission found in many of today’s super cars, including the ZR1 Corvette and ACR Viper.
• 700 lb/ft of torque capacity
• Reasonably light at 135 pounds, dry
• Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo pickups for unmatched versatility
• Choice of two different gear ratio sets (2.66 or 2.97), with unique double overdrive ratios
• Short, low-effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
• Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro tourers, road racers, and more