It’s no secret that an independent rear suspension is not the most optimal drag racing suspension. When horsepower levels increase to over four digits, durability becomes a big concern. Not to mention that an IRS isn’t as repeatable as solid axle from a launching perspective. In a game where a thousandth of a second counts, that just won’t fly.
The package requires minimal modification and the fewest amount of modifications than any other live axle conversion package for the 5th gens. – Jeff Anderson
Continuing along with their line of bolt-in live axle packages, Moser Engineering recently released their latest offering for the fifth generation Camaro. “This is a continuation of our C5 package and designed for the Stock Eliminator racers, though this package really goes a step beyond what we have done before,” said Jeff Anderson of Moser Engineering. “The package requires minimal modification and the fewest amount of modifications than any other live axle conversion package for the 5th gens.” This isn’t a race only piece though – Moser says it can easily be installed into a street car!
The live axle package is optioned with either a GM 12-bolt rearend or a Moser fabricated M9. Tubing is primarily chromoly with a mild steel front cross member.
Also An Overview Video of Moser’s Complete Product Offerings!
The Basic Kit Includes:
- New Moser 12-bolt or optional M9 fabricated 9-inch housing
- 35 spline custom alloy axles
- Moser lightweight steel spool
- 12-bolt Pro-Comp gears (street gear options also available)
- 1350 series chromoly pinion yoke
- Timken bearings on internals/sealed axle bearings
- 5/8 drive stud kit (2 or 3-inch)
- Chromoly torque arms, driveshaft loop, transmission cross member, panhard bar, track locator, lower control arms, spring saddles, anti-roll adjuster, anti-roll arm, anti-roll tubes, and framerails.
- Mild steel front cross member