PRW Industries announces flexplate options for LS engines with two new series, the Gold and Platinum Series. Both are SFI-certified, and each offers different features.
The Gold series has a host of features which include:
- SFI 29.1 certified
- Direct bolt-on component
- 0.035-inch thicker than stock flexplates
- Features double-welded ring gears
- Constructed from 235 cold-rolled chromoly steel
- Designed to fit all standard OEM, aftermarket replacement, and high-performance torque convertors for published applications
“One feature of the Platinum series flexplates that varies from the Gold series is the various bolt patterns. The different patterns allow this flexplate to fit different transmissions. This is going to be typical of all Platinum series plates,” Shaun Snow explained.
“Gold series has lightning holes for a lighter weight design, the Platinum series does have that option for more road racing applications.” Some of the other features of the Platinum series are:
- Exceeds SFI Specification 29.1
- Ford applications; small bell adapts to GM torque convertor
- Ford crankshaft adapters available for use with GM torque converters
Snow continued, “You will get quicker RPM without the use of a trans brake.” The High Inertia designs are manufactured with a robust solid flat plate of cold-rolled steel for a harder drag race launches and improved 60-foot times.