Ford Racing announced today that they are coming out with a brand new engine block for those engine builders looking for a strong lightweight block. This is the same block found in the Ford Racing Aluminum 427 Crate Engine and many 2,000 horsepower race engines doing duty in different racing series.
Ford Racing Performance Parts Announces 351ci Aluminum Block
Part Name: 351 C.I. Aluminum Block
Part Number: M-6010-Z351
Introducing the new Ford Racing Z351 aluminum engine block, designed for builders who demand light weight and industry leading strength.
The new Ford Racing Z351 block casting process was computer modeled for optimum liquid aluminum flow and proper gating ensures a dense casting with minimal porosity. The 356-T6 aluminum block casting is precision machined to the tightest tolerances and includes billet steel caps to ensure long life and engine durability
Ideal for street and drag race use, the Z351 is the basis of Ford Racing’s Aluminum 427 crate engine and 2000hp race engines like John Urist’s SSO Mustang.
• High strength aluminum block, 356-T6 grade aluminum
• 4-bolt, steel billet main caps, splayed on 2,3 and 4
• 3.99″ bore as delivered, cast iron sleeves capable of 4.125”
• Weighs approximately 124 lbs.
• 9.5″ deck height, uses standard 351 timing chain, oil pump and hardware
• 2.75″ crankshaft main journal diameter, 2.9415-2.9425” finished journal diameter
• 2.2032″ – 2.2052″ cam journal diameter uses cam bearings, part number M-6261-J351/R351
• Maximum stroke 4.250″