Beef up that Pro Mod rear end with race-ready 3rd members for 9-inch rearends by Mark Williams Enterprises. Normally, modifications are not needed and can simply be retrofited to OEM steel housings, as well as aftermarket units with some minor modifications to the gasket surface area. Check out the official release below.
Noted drive train components manufacturer Mark Williams Enterprises now offers race-ready 3rd members equipped with a beefy 10” pitch diameter ring gear (trimmed to 9.5”) that can be employed in the popular 9” Ford style rear end housing. This setup is ideally suited to ultra high horsepower applications like Pro Mod.
The husky ring gear and its companion pinion gear are housed in a rugged “thru-bolt” design aluminum carrier manufactured by M-W. Gears are now available in ratios from 3.70 to 4.71:1, with 5.43, 5.83, and 6.20 coming soon. A special pinion support is employed, as is a lightweight 40-spline steel spool. The 3rd member comes with 1350 or 1480 series yokes and completely set-up by M-W technicians and is ready to use.
No modifications are required to use the 10” pitch diameter center section in most modular aluminum 9” housing manufactured by M-W, and it is easily retrofitted to OEM steel housings and aftermarket units through a minor modification to the gasket surface area.
Additionally, the 10” pitch diameter gear units can be supported through the unique Thirdmember Rebuild Program offered by M-W. This allows racers to change ratios and receive complete blueprinted 3rd members for a nominal fee.
- Beefy 10″ pitch diameter ring gear (trimmed to 9.5″)
- Fits popular 9-inch Ford style rear end housing
- Perfect for super high-performance vehicles such as Pro Mod
- Husky ring gear and pinion gear housed in rugged “thru bolt” design
- Gears available in ratios from 3.70 to 4.71:1, with 5.43, 5.83, and 6.20 coming soon
- No modifications are required to use the 10” pitch diameter center section in most modular aluminum 9” housing
- Easily retrofitted to OEM steel housings and aftermarket units (minor modification to gasket surface area)
- 10″ pitch diameter gear units can be supported through Thirdmember Rebuild Program