It’s hard to believe that not that long ago a modular Mustang GT made do with only 260hp from the factory. Thanks to the ongoing evolution of the Ford modular engine family, today’s Coyote 5.0 found in the 2011+ Mustang GT puts the old 2V 4.6L to shame, and the aftermarket is quick to develop the parts that the current crop of ‘Stang owners need.
Among those aftermarket companies is VMP Superchargers, and they have recently launched a 2.3L TVS blower as a bolt-in upgrade for the 2011+ Mustang GT and BOSS 302. It’s a, “…complete with everything you need” kit that includes a high-flow CNC-ported inlet elbow, a dual 63mm throttle body, JLT 123mm cold-air intake, 82mm standard pulley (that produces 10 psi), 72lb. Injector Dynamics fuel injectors, VMS fuel pump booster, and an AFCO dual-fan heat exchanger.
The VMP TVS blower also includes a GT500-style high-capacity air-to-water intercooler that’s designed to prevent heat soak while maintaining power output during those hot summer evenings racing at the track or cruising on the weekends. Some technical features of the intercooler include fans on the heat exchanger to prevent heat soak, a 4-gpm high-flow intercooler pump, and specially machined nose drive that accepts pulleys as small as 60mm.
The exchanger is able to hold over 1.5 gallons of fluid for proper cooling on and off the track. This kit bolts in relatively easy with the detailed instructions, and VMP is clear that the average shadetree mechanic could have the job done in a days work.
New VMP 2.3L TVS For 2011+ 5.0L and Boss 302
- VMP 2.3L TVS w/ CNC Ported Inlet & CNC Matched High Flow Inlet Elbow
- AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger
- Injector Dynamics 72lb Injectors
- JLT 123mm Plastic CAI for Supercharged 5.0L (Carbon Fiber Optional Upgrade)
- Your Choice of Pulley Size
- Flexibility – Dial in at a level appropriate for you with our selection of pulleys
- Reliability – 1 year Warranty and 100,000 Mile Service Interval on TVS blower
- Performance – 650+ RWHP 5.0L and 750+ RWHP Boss 302
- Driveability – Fantastic driveability even at the highest boost levels.
- Expandability – Still Room to grow with any of our optional upgrades listed below
Available Pulley Sizes
- 82mm – 10 psi
- 79mm – 11-12 psi
- 75mm – 13 psi
- 72mm – 14 psi
- 69mm – 15 psi
Additional Recommended Upgrade Options (Not Included)
- VMP True Custom Tune & SCT Tuning Device
- Option to Upgrade to JLT Carbon Fiber 127mm Cold Air Intake as shown here
- Cobra Jet 65mm Throttle Body for even more power!
- VMP Fuel Pump Booster for use with 69mm or smaller pulley
- Full line of Exhaust Options from Kooks & Dynatech for 5.0L and Boss 302
- McLeod RXT and RST Clutch & Flywheel Options for more holding power