Using a nitrous system on an LS with the factory ECU comes with its share of headaches. With nitrous, you need to retard the timing to suppress detonation making the system safe. While this is not a big deal on small horsepower settings, it is a problem when you inject larger doses using this power adder. The only way to remove engine timing is to retard it using programs like EFILive or HPtuners. Since the factory ECU has no way of knowing that the nitrous is activated, the vehicle’s timing is always less than it should be for optimum naturally aspirated performance making the combination a turd off the bottle. Luckily, Lingenfelter has a solution to this problem with its LNC-2000-2SR launch control module.
The LNC-2000-2SR launch control module offers a plug-and-play design using OEM connectors for LS equipped GM vehicles. This device can be used to provide consistent launches in drag racing and other standing start racing applications and provides two stages of trigger-activated timing retard for nitrous applications
- Custom molded high-temperature glass-filled Nylon 6 enclosure with direct access to the controller settings without requiring removal of a cover or access panel
- 40 MHz 16-bit qualified automotive processor with eight-channel Enhanced Time Module
- Each coil drive circuit has a dedicated timer to keep the timing accurate over the full RPM range
- Independent coil drive provides Sequential Ignition Kill when RPM limiting is active
- Reverse battery protection
- The activation inputs have active clamps and optical isolation to suppress electrical noise from external solenoids (such as trans brake and line lock)
- Digital noise filtering to isolate the LNC from unwanted electrical signals
- Separate RPM x100, RPM x1000, Max Retard switches for easy setting adjustments
- RPM limiter activation point can be adjusted from 1,500 to 9,900 RPM in 100 RPM increments
- +12 Volt Activation inputs are provided for RPM limit activation and Retard activation
- Timing retard capability with up to 15 degrees of timing retard authority per stage (30 degrees total)
- Dedicated timing retard trigger input wires (for nitrous activation or other timing retard activation).
- Analog voltage output wire for sending timing retard information to data acquisition systems (EFILive, HPTuners, DashDAQ, etc.)
- True plug-and-play coil pack connection design for ease of installation and removal
- Fully encapsulated (potted) construction for added durability
- One year warranty (from date of purchase).
For more information on the LNC-2000-2SR module from Lingenfelter, be sure and check out their website.