The new Phenom line of Impact Racing’s safety wear welcomes three, hot new items this year. We talked with Ben O’Connor, vice-president of sales at Impact Racing, to get the lowdown on these new items. Ben led us over to the all-new driving suit – the Phenom DS. These suits are a two-layer blend of European styling with made in the USA craftsmanship. “These are hand-crafted from lightweight-sateen Nomex,” said Ben. The Phenom DS suit is both FIA homologated, and certified to the SFI 3.2-A/5 specification – allowing the suit to be used in more series’.
The Phenom DS is available in sizes Small to 3XL, in color choices of: Black with Red accents, Black with Blue Accents, Black with Grey accents, and Grey with Black accents. According to Ben, all sizes and colors are currently in stock.
- Manufacturer certified to comply with the SFI Foundation’s 3.2A/5 Specification.
- FIA Homologated to the 8856-2000 specification.
- Lightweight, Fire-retardant outer layers with cool and comfortable ImpactMAX inner liner.
- Functional Back Gusset.
- 360-degree full-floating arm gussets.
- 180-degree belt.
- Comfortable, ribbed arm cuffs and boot-cut ankle cuffs for a tight seal and fit.
- Inset front pants pockets.
Impact’s Phenom RS shoe goes perfectly with the Phenom DS suit. The new racing shoe was developed using feedback from Impact’s professional drivers who expressed a need for a comfortable lightweight driving shoe suitable for all track conditions. Featuring a very soft, tanned calf leather exterior, the Phenom RS provides the ultimate in comfort, while resisting mud and dirt build up. “These are much easier to care for than the traditional suede racing shoes,” said Ben.
- Ultra-soft, calf-skin leather, mid-top design.
- Achilles stretch panel for mobility and comfort.
- Next-gen, pre-formed anatomic sole in pure lightweight rubber for excellent pedal feel.
- Anti-static, fuel and oil-resistant sole.
- Velcro closure and speed laces included.
- FIA 8856-2000 Homologation and SFI 3.3/5 approved.
Also new is the Phenom SS helmet. Ben explained the new helmet line is a direct result of over 40 years of R&D, including wind tunnel testing. The Phenom helmets meet the current FIA and Snell ratings, making it acceptable in all forms of motorsports racing. Impact Racing uses a proprietary Carbon-Kevlar composition in the helmet shell for strength and lighter weight than traditionally made fiberglass helmets. According to Ben, one of the greatest new features is a new size that Impact has introduced in this helmet line: Medium/Large. This M/L size takes advantage of using the smaller shell which is lighter and more compact. The Phenom SS has removable, washable padding that can be repositioned for a comfortable (and clean) fit.
- Light-weight carbon-Kevlar/fiberglass construction
- New Medium/Large size, which uses the lighter and more compact shell
- Hans clips pre-installed
- Anodized aluminum chin-strap hardware
- Removable, washable lining
- Wind tunnel optimized venting with anti-fog air channels
- Pre-molded interior to accommodate drink tubes and an intercom system
- FIA 8859-2015 and Snell SA2015 approved
For more information on these products or other product lines from Impact Racing, visit them online at www.impactraceproducts.com.